Personal Essays

1. " ...winning a scholarship or finding the first spring bulb in your garden, make the frame wide enough to allow your reader to find parallels between your experience and theirs."
Like make them not relate to my story making them think that they have to explore and go through the same experience 
2. " Avoid using abstract expressions and phrases such as “the best day of my life”, “my happiest moment as a parent”, “I’d never known greater grief” to describe emotions of love, loss, anger, joy, satisfaction, etc." I really suck at being specific and using vague words, have to like use a dictionary.
3. 
1. Make connections. If you’re writing about a global theme (poverty, unemployment, child abuse) bring the subject closer to home by relating it to specific, individual examples
2. Check names, spellings, numbers. Two sources of confirmation are better than one.
3. Watch your construction. If every sentence begins “I”, you need to rephrase to provide a better rhythm and pace to your piece.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HDR Photography

Sports Portfolio